Tuesday 17 November 2009

Pubwatch: Bradley's Spanish Bar


First off may I say, best jukebox in London(a proper 45 one, not those mp3 monstrosities). And have to say its nice to see a proper old 70's style bar with ripped seats, chipboard tables and horrible, horrible toilets. However I didn't go in there to soak up the ambience (which is friendly and surprisingly - spanish)

As you walk in there is a large display of Younger brewery memorabilia 'excellent' I thought 'there must be a ale on'. But nay. The barstaff stood behind the great mass of tall lager taps that plague the modern bar (why do they have to be so tall?)and looked out over a crowd who I don't think could be bothered about how many IBU's their pint had. After pursuing their quite interesting lager selection I settled on a Budvar. But it was not to be, the budvar was off. So he offered to get something similar - San Migel. Weary and desperate for a drink I relented and drank the san migel. I don't do Beer reviews but then it wasn't really beer, cold fizzy and sticky it tasted like someone had dropped sunblessed bread into a glass of sprite. Ewwww. Anyway what was I charged for this abomination? £3.60. The mind reeled. 'Why in whetherspoons thats two pints!'.

However. I enjoyed my time in the dingy little dive. It was warm, it was cosy, it was a bar. And I enjoyed the fact that despite looking like a dive, it had a rather nice winelist. But I also enjoy the sensation of change in my pocket. So...

...4/10 (it got 2 for that jukebox!)

No comments:

Post a Comment